Tonle Sap Lake / Koulen Mountain / Siem Reap
Delicious food in the jungle
Trek, bike and kayak
Multisport – Best of Angkor
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Transfer from Airport to Hotel: 20 mins Foodie Tour: From 6-10:00pm
After arriving in Siem Reap airport and clearing customs, be welcomed by the guide and driver. Enjoy a hassle free transfer to the hotel. Relax before the evening adventure!
This evening enjoy the taste of Cambodian Street Food on the back of a Vespa bike on a Vespa Foodie Tour. Beginning at the famous Pub Street zone take a refreshing Vespa ride, and arrive in the middle of the hustle and bustle of street vendors where there will be endless variety of unusual foods and fruits with diverse flavours and colours. Next, stop at a typical local grill and drink stand where tasty snacks and drinks are served. This is a locals only stop where the food is freshly prepared on site.
Later, ride to yet another part of Siem Reap town with numerous night spots that are frequented by locals. Stop for dinner at a special restaurant that is hidden between the bars and nightclubs. This restaurant boasts a local menu that stands out in quality and variety. A selection of their best specialties will be served, accompanied by drinks and local music performances.
Now it’s time for dessert, take a refreshing ride to another part of town and enter a typical Cambodian-style-house to be introduced to the magic art of rice wine infused with special herbs and spices. Taste these tropical concoctions served with a selection of local sweets.
Be presented with a special souvenir and be taken back to the hotel or at any location within the city centre of Siem Reap.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Transfer from Angkor Complex to hotel: 20 minutes Cycling distance up to 40 km Difficulty: Easy
Today is fantastic! Cycle from the hotel to explore Angkor Park this morning, pedalling through dense jungles around the magnificent temples of Angkor.
Take the back roads to Ta Prohm temple, a location for one of the Hollywood Tomb Raider blockbuster and one of the most unique and memorable Angkor temples.
From Ta Prohm, dive back into the jungle and pedal through hidden passages to the ruins of Ta Nei (Grandfather Nei) and Preah Khan (dedicated to Jayavarman VII’s father) before heading to Angkor Thom, an eight metre high wall draws a perfect square around the city ruin.
From the walls of Angkor Thom, head inward for Bayon Temple in the exact center of the city. The Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King are also must-visits as they are both known for their intricate bas-reliefs.
Southward now, through Angkor Thom to the famous Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world. Today, Angkor Wat is represented on Cambodia's national flag as the temple symbolizes the soul of the Khmer people.
Dinner is at Phare Café before the entertaining show at Phare Punleu Selpak. Known around town as the Cambodian circus. As a non-profit school for the arts, Phare Circus showcases Cambodia’s talented art students’ acrobatic ability that is in par with the world renowned Cirque du Soleil. Watch Cambodian folklore and learn about the real history of the Khmer Rouge.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Transfer to Kulen: About 1 hour 20 minutes Trekking: About 8km Difficulty: Easy
After breakfast, transfer to the base of Kulen Mountain. Kulen Mountain (Phnom Kulen) is an impressive sandstone plateau in this otherwise flat area. The mountain is considered the birthplace of the Khmer empire and a sacred place for the Khmer. At the top of Phnom Kulen, discover stone carvings in a riverbed, a large reclining Buddha from the 16th century with several hidden pagodas.
After a pleasant climb arrive at a nice Pagoda overlooking the valley below. This place is special for Khmers because of the fresh spring water rising up through the pagoda itself. After a brief visit, continue trekking through a jungle path and arrive at the Kulen Waterfalls. Stop here for a swim and have lunch along the riverside.
Next, continue the trek to reach The Big Buddha, which is a famous religious site where the Buddha is actually carved out from the actual mountain top. Trek further to reach the riverside campground nestled in the jungle. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon exploring and enjoying the river.
This evening enjoy dinner by the riverside under the stars. Spend the night camping on the riverfront campground.
Overnight in Campground
Cycling 15km Transfer from lake to hotel: About 35 minutes Transfer to Phare: 10 minutes
Wake up to fresh mountain air and enjoy breakfast before transferring back towards Siem Reap.
Start the day with a transfer to the shores of Tonle Sap Lake, where there is an opportunity to learn about life on the lake. Tonlé Sap is Southeast Asia’s largest freshwater lake with its size varying greatly depending on the season.
Kayak across the Tonle Sap Lake passing paddy fields between trees and into the stilted village of Kampong Kleang, where the houses tower 8 metres above in the dry season but become almost floating on the surface of the lake during the wet season. Paddle through the village finishing at Mrs Hong's house for a late lunch on her verandah overlooking the pagoda.
(Note: Available August to March. Suitable for families with children. Age 6+ in double kayaks with life jackets and support motorboat. If the water level is too low, there is an alternate location to visit that is equally enjoyable.)
Afterwards and if time allows, pay a visit to the early temples of the Roluos Group. Roluos is the site of an ancient centre of Khmer civilization known as Hariharalaya. It was the first town built by the Angkorian kings in the 8th and 9th century and consists of three main temples: Bakong, Lolei and Preah Ko. The surrounding countryside with its rice paddy fields and sugar palm trees are very typically Cambodian.
Tonight enjoy the amazing Apsara Dance Performance and dinner at Angkor Village Resort.
Transfer to/from Tonle Sap: 1hr 30 mins Transfer to airport: 20mIns Boat Trip: 1hr 30 mins
Option 1: Enjoy the morning at leisure before being picked up by the guide for onward transfer to the airport. Don’t forget to do some souvenir shopping.
Option 2: Get up extra early and take a packed breakfast from the hotel and catch the special sunrise at Angkor Wat. Depending on the flight time, visit a few more temples before checking out of the hotel by 12:00. Then transfer to the airport for the onward flight.
Alternatively, please ask about extension trips to Phnom Penh, the islands off the coast, or another Multisport Adventure down in the jungles and mangrove forests of Koh Kong province along the coast.
- Luggage transfer
- Plenty of water per person per trekking day
- Bike rental with helmet for cycling days; tents and bedding on camping days; kayak with life preserver on kayak days.
- Snacks and local fruit
- Cold towels
- 1 Exo Adventure Certified, English speaking guide
- 1 assistant guide for 08-15 pax, 2 assistant guides for 16+ pax
- Vehicles: (varies based on local conditions and vehicle sizes available)
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Sightseeing tickets and zone entrance fees where mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Accommodation as listed above.
- Flight reconfirmation
- Visa or visa arrangements
- International and domestic flights.
- Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, hats and protective clothing
- Soft drinks, or beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at agents request
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks at mealtimes
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Energy drinks or powders, performance bars, or performance gels (Gatorade, Powerbars, Gu, Isostar, etc)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenditure (laundry, telephone etc.)
- Credit card/bank transfer fees
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion
- Additional language speaking guides
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
GET IN TOUCH
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!