Ninh Binh / Ha Long Bay / Hanoi
Explore historic Hoa LuVisit Vietnam’s first capital city and admire the tombs of former emperors and the crumbling walls of the Citadel.
See stunning Tam CocBoard a wooden row boat and cruise a river surrounded by towering limestone karsts and vibrant rice paddies.
Cruise Halong BayTake an overnight cruise through the UNESCO-heritage site of Halong, admiring the scenery and dining on fresh seafood.
Hoa Lu, Tam Coc & Halong Bay
3 Days / 2 Nights
Depart early in the morning from the hotel for the 2-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam to Hoa Lu, Vietnam’s first capital. Pay a visit to the temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80), and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009).
Afterwards, if time permits, take a half-hour walk up one of the surrounding limestone karst hills. The climb is rewarding with spectacular views.
Next, travel to Tam Coc for a Vietnamese lunch. Stop en route to take photographs of local villages and the stunning landscape.
After lunch board a private sampan to one of the listed destinations (see options below). As the boat gently slices through the water, notice the enormous limestone karsts jutting out from the green rice fields giving rise to this area’s other name, 'Halong on Land'.
For the adventurous type, climb up to Bich Dong Pagoda on nearby Ngu Nhac Mountain.
*Option 1: Trang An
Situated near Tam Coc, Trang An is a nature reserve similar to Tam Coc, but much less visited. Limestone hills surround a peaceful river which passes through a series of caves (one which takes 15-minutes to pass through in darkness). An ‘eco-tourism’ area, the only interruptions here are the sound of birds and the gentle paddle of the oar upon the crystal clear river.
*Option 2: Thung Nang
Similar to Tam Coc though not as spectacular, Thung Nang is off the tourist trail and a pleasant alternative. Pass through a cave, fields of lotus (in summer) and reach a quaint pagoda before returning on the same route.
Note: Please be aware that some women on boats may try to sell local products to tourists. Guests should refer to their guide if this situation makes them uncomfortable.
The rest of the day is free at leisure.
Overnight in Ninh Binh.
Start early this morning with a transfer by road from Ninh Binh to Halong Bay.
Arrive at the pier in Halong Bay (towards noon) and proceed with check-in formalities for the overnight cruise. After boarding, enjoy lunch while the vessel cruises into the bay. In the afternoon, enjoy a variety of activities or spend some time relaxing on board. Towards the end of the day, the boat sets anchor for the night among the karst formations; dinner is served on board.
Overnight on Halong Bay.
Enjoy a memorable morning in the middle of the bay! Early risers can enjoy a sunrise on Halong followed by breakfast as the boat cruises towards the port through the magnificent rock formations. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi or Hai Phong.
Note: This tour may be subject to change depending on weather conditions
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
GET IN TOUCH
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!