Mae Taeng / Mae Ngat / Doi Saket
Cycle the North’s backroadsExplore Chiang Mai’s surroundings on two wheels, using quiet backroads for a closer look at Thailand’s natural beauty.
Explore pristine lakesCycle to two man-made lakes, exploring the quiet waters by boat and kayak or diving in for a refreshing swim.
See Wiang Kum Kam’s ruinsPedal through Wiang Kum Kam, a set of atmospheric ruins from the Lanna kingdom that were then abandoned for decades.
Cycling Chiang Mai Get Away
4 Days / 3 Nights
Transfer from De Lanna to Wiang Kum Kam by van: 20 mins Transfer from Mae Kuang Dam to the tree house resort by boat: 15 mins Cycling distance up to: 40km Difficulty: Easy
Transfer south of Chiang Mai to the grounds of the ‘Lost City’ of Wiang Kum Kam, the ancient capital of the Lanna Kingdom which once reigned over the area. After cycling around the area’s main sites, transfer to Fa Ham, mount the bikes and take off east through the outskirts of Chiang Mai.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant nearby Mae Kuang Dam and then board a longtail boat to head across the lake. On the other side, walk up a hill and continue a short ride before arriving at the Tree House Resort, the ending point of the day’s adventure.
After freshening up at the resort, kick back and relax, take a walk around the organic garden or head on a short cycling trip to a nearby village to visit the Coca Cola Trail or the Bat Cave.
Overnight in Doi Saket
Transfer from the floating lake house to Mae Ngat Dam by boat: 20 mins Cycling distance up to: 50 km Kayaking: approx. 1.5 hours Difficulty: Easy
Starting early in the morning after breakfast, ride out of the resort and cycle along the picturesque road bordering Sri Lanna National Park en route to Buatong Waterfall. Most of the route is paved concrete or asphalt, which makes the cycling pleasant and fun.
Before lunch, arrive at the Mae Ngat Dam for some fresh fruit and drinks. Leave the bikes, change gear and head out onto the water. Take a 20-minute boat transfer to a floating restaurant on the lake. At the raft house, dive into the water for a refreshing swim and then enjoy lunch surrounded by spectacular natural scenery.
In the afternoon, take a longtail boat ride back and start cycling from the dam to Mae Taeng District.
Upon arrival, check into the hotel for the evening and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
Dinner and overnight in Mae Taeng
Cycling distance up to: 70km Difficulty: Medium
Checkout from the resort and begin the day’s ride, starting from the resort. Cycling south through undulating hills, head to Mork Fa Waterfall. Here, take a short hike along a beautiful trail crossing through pristine jungle for a visit to the famous 60-metre tall waterfall. Feel free to take a dip to cool off.
Afterwards, continue riding through local communities on small roads before stopping for lunch at a local restaurant.
From the restaurant, follow the Mae Rim River south along a challenging set of mountain-side hills before arriving at the resort for the evening.
Check in and then kick back and relax after a challenging, but rewarding day of biking.
Dinner and overnight in Mae Rim
Transfer from Huai Tueng Tao to Chiang Mai by van: 25 mins Cycling distance up to: 30km Difficulty: Easy
After breakfast in the morning, transfer to Mon Jam. Located in Nong Hoi Village, Mon Jam is part of a royal project funded by the King to improve local economic development. Spend time exploring the grounds of the area. Visit its strawberry fields and glass houses or simply grab a drink and enjoy the incredible views.
From Mon Jam, head out across some of the surrounding hillside roads. After a while, the lush greenery will start to give way to increasingly populated suburbs. These Chiang Mai outskirts are a great place to witness unique cultural communities that blend traditional Thai traditions with modern amenities.
As we approach the Mae Sa Canal stop at Wat Pa Dara Pirom, a royal Buddhist temple guarded by statues of giant lions housing sacred Buddhist artefacts and what is believed by locals to be an actual footprint of Buddha. After taking a look at the temple’s historical marvels, drop by a local coffee shop for a taste of the local organically grown coffee.
After a bit of caffeination transfer to Huay Tung Tao Lake for lunch before heading to a Muay Thai Camp for an introduction to the art of Muay Thai -the perfect way to conclude an amazing active adventure in northern Thailand.
Transfer to the hotel.
“An itinerary may at times be altered by our guides due to local conditions, the skill of participants and other unexpected circumstances. Our priority is always the experience and safety of our clients.”
- English Speaking certified Adventure Guide
- Additional local guide for 8-16 pax
- 1 refillable personal biking bottle per person
- Drinking water including 3 litres per person per day
- Bike, helmet and kayaking equipment where mentioned in the itinerary
- Vehicles: Private air conditioned van for pax transfers and pickup for bikes and luggage
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Sightseeing tickets and zone entrance fees where mentioned in the itinerary
- Flight reconfirmations
- Luggage transfer
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Visa arrangement
- International and domestic flights
- Soft drinks, or beverages beyond water
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks at mealtimes
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Supplement for other language guides
- Energy drinks or powders, performance bars, or performance gels (Gatorade, Powerbars, Gu, Isostar, etc)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenditure (laundry, telephone etc.)
- Credit card/bank transfer fees
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion
- Supplement for other language speaking guides
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Thailand.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, National Holidays) and locally celebrated festivities may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available in general only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
GET IN TOUCH
We love to talk travel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're here to help!